Sunday, October 11, 2015

Day 1 (again)

There's no way I'm letting that happen again. I'm serious this time.


That's what I told myself this morning. I had an apple for breakfast, then rushed out the door to make it to church on time (or close to on time).

After church I gathered the ingredients for my egg delight from yesterday (since I was too hungry to plan anything else) and rushed over to my mom's to start cooking. She had some pork in a crock pot, so we ate some of that along with the egg dish I prepared, and we topped it off by sampling the kiwano (a horned melon, filled with snot pacs that have a little seed floating inside each... they tasted a bit like cucumbers and a bit like very green bananas) and rambutans (the taste of which is hard to describe, though their texture is similar to that of grapes).

We talked about the Whole30 and read some funny food journals and recipes from it. My mom is very motivated to take this thing seriously, and it's definitely upped my motivation. I only wish she'd shared that with me before I decided to make the rest of the pumpkin cookie dough from the other night then eat five of the cookies. Don't worry--I topped that off with two slices of bacon later. As I drove home I experienced medium regret at not having grabbed a small handful of chocolate chips on my way out.

Strike 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment