Monday, October 12, 2015

Day 1 (third time's the charm?)

I tricked myself into going running this morning. I set my alarm 15 minutes earlier than usual, since lately I've been snoozing in about 15 minutes too long, which has left me arriving at work 15 minutes late. 

So my alarm went off earlier than usual, I snoozed a little, then I got up when I needed to. I started getting dressed for work (which means weight lifting in the morning with two of my pupils before we begin school). I was halfway dressed when I realized.... today is Monday. We start an hour later on Mondays. I did not account for that when I set my alarm last night. Dang it! I was seconds away from getting back into my pajamas and torturing myself with less than an hour of not falling asleep, just to wake up more tired, when I decided to suck it up and go for a run.

It was hard, but not harder than Saturday's run, and I didn't regret doing it.

On the food side of things, I did great until I didn't get all the way away from work until about 7pm. That was a mistake. I was ravenous! My mom had planned a nice chicken dish for us to eat, but she left as late as I did, so we ended up getting bunless, condimentless hamburgers with fries from Jack in the Crack. Hey, it's technically part of the plan. Among the least preferred options, but still allowed.

Better planning tomorrow. For now, I sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment