Saturday, October 10, 2015

Day 1

My aunt Camille wanted to start the Whole30 the minute I gave her the basic rundown. But since I wasn't exactly sure what the rules were, and since we were planning on other family members with less-than-prepared fridges and pantries to join in, I fought for a Monday start.

But when I woke up today, I felt fat. Not that I don't usually wake up feeling fat. It's just that today I felt extra fat. Maybe because I'm at the heaviest weight I've ever been, and because I've been at it for longer than I would care to admit. It's finally caught up to me. 

"Today," I decided. "I start today."

So I went for a medium-length run (for me). It totally kicked my butt, and took me 20 minutes longer than I had planned on it taking. I was then 20 minutes late for a family get-together at Chik-Fil-A. I grabbed a banana and V8 Fusion on my way out the door (not the best choices for my first breakfast, but better than eating at Chik-Fil-A). I met up with the rest of the family and bravely ate my relatively healthy meal, surrounded by the wonderful aroma of deep fried goodness.

Since I was already at the mall, I made my mom go with me to buy some fat jeans I could wear on my date tonight. It seemed a little too tacky, even for me, to show up in stretchy pants or basketball shorts. And the pair of jeans I already had was a little too uncomfortably small.

After that depressing trip I went home and made some eggs with mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes, and avocado. It was delish. I cleaned my house. I washed my dishes. I got things in order. I was so ready for this. Then my date showed up and four hours later I found myself in an Italian restaurant, eating perfectly baked bread and some fantastic stuffed tortellini, smothered in creamy sauce.

Strike 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment